Lucy: “May I admire you again today?” Duckie

Ok some of you hard core 'Brat Pack' film fans may know what 80s film this quote comes from, but for those of us who's prime of life wasn't in the shoulder pads and perms era I'll give you a clue:
Well its very pink?

...and pretty?

not got it yet?
It's 'Pretty in Pink' duh! Ok, ok it was also made six years before I was born, and for some reason somewhat unknown to lots of people, so I'll let you off. Although this film includes many (oh so many!) white ill-fitting suits, prom dresses that aren't even suitable for the rag bag and an ending that sticks to your standard Cinderella story but for the romantics among us is a complete shambles (well..for me anyway)! There is one character in particular who can only be described as a complete LEGEND. If only all men where as stylish and hilarious as Duckie (how can you not be a legend with a name like the eh?!) then I'm sure the world would be a happier place.

For the meantime however, while the world is not fully aware of his power of making a yellow checked blazer look sexy, all I can say is " back atcha Duckie I am going to admire YOU today."












if these didn't divulge you to the marvel that is Duckie then his take on 'Try a Little Tenderness' might...


No comments:

Post a Comment